How do I get rid of red spider veins on the back of my legs?

Dr. Mark Nielsen
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Sclerotherapy is generally successful in the treatment of spider veins though multiple sessions are often required.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. Mark Nielsen
Dr. Mark Nielsen
Dr. James Isobe
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Sclerotherapy using detergents sotradecol and polidocanol is a good way to rid the sv.
Evaluation of the leg veins by a phlebologist or vascular surgeon using ultrasound is recommended prior proceeding with the scleroherapy. Venous incompetence of the great or small saphenous veins may need to be addressed and treated first.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. James Isobe
Dr. James Isobe
Dr. Craig Schwartz
Phlebology

In brief: Sclero and Laser

Spider veins can be very effectively treated by a combination of superficial laser and injection sclerotherapy, to resolve the visible veins on the surface, as well as the underlying feeding veins that are the source of the problem. Treatment requires multiple sessions spaced 4-6 weeks apart, but have no downtime or major inconvenience.
See an experienced phlebologist to ensure appropriate care.

In brief: Sclero and Laser

Dr. Craig Schwartz
Dr. Craig Schwartz
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Sclerotherapy (injections) are felt to work best although saline might not be the best sclerosant (injected chemical) choice.
There are a number of things that can be injected. Very small thread veins can also be treated with energy, such as with a cutaneous laser and rf thermocoagulation. I would see a vein specialist or a dermatologist who has a special interest in treating veins.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: Options

Laser and radio frequency devices be used to treat red spider veins and usually take several treatments.

In brief: Options

Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright