What does the surgical procedure for sinusitis entail?

Dr. David Lee
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Depends
It depends on the issues that need to be addressed.
There is a wide variety of techniques that are used for sinus surgery, variation in the anesthesia that would be needed, as well as the expected postoperative recovery.

In brief: Depends
Dr. David Lee
Dr. David Lee
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Outpatient
Most sinus surgery is outpatient ( no overnight stay).
Surgery is generally done with a telescopic camera in the nose. Many times, computer guidance (gps for the nose) is used because we operate around the eyes and brain. Newer techniques use balloons like angioplasty to dilate the sinus openings and can be done in the office with minimal pain. My patients resume normal activity the next day.

In brief: Outpatient
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine