Is it common to miss a period at 17? I had a pregnancy test by my doctor and it came back negative but I'm getting back and stomach cramps, no period.

Sometimes common. There is a broad number of reasons that your symptoms can occur. If you are sexually active then that number increases. Everything from endetriosis to missed period secondary to Olympic level exercise can result in missed period(s). Also depends on how long back and stomach issues have been occurring. See you primary care provider as soon as you are able while symptoms are still occurring.