How many shots like novocaine do they give for wisdom teeth?

Wisdom teeth. Extraction should be done by oral surgeon. They are better, quicker, and the only dentist who can do IV sedation, so you don't get novocaine shots. Iv sedation = less pain & faster surgery & less bleeding. How many novacaine shots? As much as needed. Ouch.
Can Vary. Today we use Lidocaine mostly... The number of injections depends on the patient and the type of extractions; impacted, partial bony, bony, or ankylosed. A surgeon's skill, touch & the way they do a surgery can make a difference. Great hands can lead to a very quick and clean surgery which can take less time with fewer injections. Our team uses anti-anxiety pre-medication, which can help.
Depends. The number of local anesthetic injections you receive will depend on the number of teeth to be removed as well as the success of the injection. If you have four wisdom teeth to be removed in four different areas of your mouth, you will require injections in the four areas. Some patients after receiving the initial injection (s) may require additional injections.