When can I feed my baby berries?

Dr. Louisa Ramone

In brief: Around 10 to12months

Once babies show interest in adult food, around 6 months of age, you can start solid feeds with basics like iron fortified cereals.
Subsequently, babies should be given vegetables, fats and protein one at a time, e.G a week, watching for allergies or any other reactions to the new food. The berries smashed and later on cut into small quarters(to avoid choking) can be offered around 10 to 12 months.

In brief: Around 10 to12months

Dr. Louisa Ramone
Dr. Louisa Ramone
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Food Introduction

After 4 months, you can start to introduce all new foods into the diet, but only 1-2 new foods per week are recommended.
Many people will react to the rosacea family (strawberries) with little hives, but does not mean you are seriously allergic. Start small and introduce slowly.

In brief: Food Introduction

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick