I had been sucking my thumb for 16 years. I already have braces (and stopped thumbsucking). Will it be able to correct my teeth problem??

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: You should

If everything goes well with your orthodontic treatment and you wear your retainer as prescribed by your orthodontist, I don't see any reason why your teeth should not look great.
And definitely since you stopped the bad habit of sucking your thumb, I think you are on your way. Good luck.

In brief: You should

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: After

After 16 years of distorting both teeth and bone support, considerable reconstruction will probably be necessary.
For best results, follow your Orthodontic Specialists instructions to the letter. Can't comment on prognosis without knowing the extent of your problem.

In brief: After

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Mathew Greenston
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Yes braces work.

Once you stop sucking your thumb your teeth will stop getting worse.
The braces will gently pull them back to proper alignment. It is important to see the Orthodontist regularly to have the braces adjusted. This will insure you get the result you want.

In brief: Yes braces work.

Dr. Mathew Greenston
Dr. Mathew Greenston
Dr. Jonathan Jassey