Does mirtazapine cause weight gain directly?

NO. Mirtazepine does not cause Direct weight gain, rather, it increases appetite which then leads to weight gain in approximately 10% of those that take the med.
Often yes. Mirtazapine is a very effective antidepressant, but it will often increase appetite which will lead to weight gain. No side effect is 100% however and some patients do not gain weight on it.
Yes! However it is a great antidepressant medication, the higher doses cause less weight gain and more effective antidepressant effect! I use low dose of this to help to gain wt and to help sleep! .
Not sure what you . mean by directly but weight gain is a common side effect with this medication.