Anyone coping with scoliosis from hemihypertrophy?

Dr. Susana Duncan
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Not me

But i recognize the problem. Your one side is more developed muscularly than the other, and the weaker side is less able to support your spine, so you can start to bend toward the side with more muscle.
This can be painful. The best solution if the condition is not very advanced is to keep the more developed side well stretched and work to strengthen the weaker side. Pt will help. Avoid bracing.

In brief: Not me

Dr. Susana Duncan
Dr. Susana Duncan
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Secondary curve

The difference in the size (length) of one leg can tilt the pelvis and cause a secondary curve of the spine.
Getting to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon early and taking measures to keep the leg lengths similar (many options) can prevent such curves from enlarging or becoming permanent.

In brief: Secondary curve

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta