Does it hurt to use a Tam Pon for the first time? Is it uncomfortable? I've always used pads but with sports it's awkward and uncomfortable

Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Tampons

Tampons are not typically uncomfortable at all.
Have a look at the various options and choose one for a beginner so the applicator will be "skinny ". If you don't like the first brand, try another. I wish you the very best.

In brief: Tampons

Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. David Krulak

In brief: Tampons

Generally there is little to no pain with tampon use, even the first time.
This is particularly true if any other objects have previously been inserted in the vagina. There may be a small amount of discomfort, but if you use ones designed for teens it will likely be minimal. Ensure the tampon is fully inserted to minimize discomfort. Best wishes.

In brief: Tampons

Dr. David Krulak
Dr. David Krulak
Dr. Jonathan Jassey