Should I be worried if I have a salivary gland disorder?

Dr. Daniel Quon
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: Depends
You have major salivary glands as well as minor saliary glands that produce saliva.
There are a number of salivary gland disorders. Whether or not you should be deeply concerned or not will depend upon your symptoms, the glands involved and the diagnosis provided for you by your doctor.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Daniel Quon
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Maybe-Vague
The most common problem is "sialoadenitis" where the gland gets blocked up, and becomes painful and swollen.
This can be initially treated with hot compresses, good hydration (lots of water) and sour foods/liquids taken 5-10x/day (vinegar, lemon juice, sour candies, etc). Ask your doctor for details about what he/she thinks the problem is. Best wishes.

In brief: Maybe-Vague
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman