Has anyone tried flutamide with sucess for hirsutism tratement?

Dr. Gerard Honore
Fertility Medicine

I am a male physician, so I have not tried it for my personal use, but I have treated hundereds of women succesfully with flutamide.

Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Gerard Honore
Dr. Craig Sweet

Flutamide is a type of anti-androgen that blocks the affect of male hormones on the tissues themselves.
It is generally not considered a first line drug of choice, (spironolactone/aldactone is), is a bit more expensive and really requires an occasional follow-up of liver blood tests. Otherwise, it can work quite well, especially with the combination of a hormonal pill/patch or vaginal ring.

Dr. Craig Sweet
Dr. Craig Sweet