Whats fiorinal with codeine (aspirin butalbital caffeine and codeine) like?

Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Fiorinol without Cod

The Codeine probably doesn't add a lot to the effectiveness.
This med is responsible for a lot of rebound or transformed migraine development.

In brief: Fiorinol without Cod

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. John Barbuto
The terms "rebound" and "transformed migraine" are in the literature; yet, these labels are provided without biological proof that the hypothesized mechanism is actually present. Conversely, the labels are applied to patients who have frequent symptoms that they "chase" with pain pills recurrently. The pivotal issue is this situation.
Dr. Tamara Lyday

In brief: Addictive

Addictive and not effective long term. I do not prescribe it in my practice.

In brief: Addictive

Dr. Tamara Lyday
Dr. Tamara Lyday
Dr. John Barbuto
Neurology

In brief: "like"?

Do you mean what does it feel like or what is it biochemically similar to? I'll presume you mean "feel like".
Answer: that depends upon your biology, your illnesses, your other meds, your history, your experience with opiates. It contains an opiate, a sedative, a stimulant, and an anti-inflammatory medication. May or may not be effective. Is addicting. Frequently overused, as others note.

In brief: "like"?

Dr. John Barbuto
Dr. John Barbuto
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Not good

Highly addictive and common cause of rebound migraine headaches.
Probably should be taken off the market since the potential for harm is much greater with this medication than the potential for obtaining a meaningful long term therapeutic benefit.

In brief: Not good

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Vikram Patel