I have a bump on my outer lip it's incredibly painful and my lip is swollen... It looked like a pimple but it's not going away, is it a pimple orasore?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: History of cold sore

? Without a picture it's difficult to know exactly what type of lesions you have.
However if you've been exposed to UV light recently, and under a lot of stress, been around lasers or intense light treatments, or have a history of cold sores and exposure to too much sun, you may have a cold sore developing. So you may want to have this further evaluated and seen by your doctor before anything can be prescribed.

In brief: History of cold sore

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata