Vision going blurry is a pituitary gland tumour symptom which I have but when put my glasses on everything is clear again is this because of the tumor?

Dr. Michael Kermani
Ophthalmology

In brief: Likely not

Your description matches a refractive error or standard type of glasses prescription need.
Examples: myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and/or astigmatism. Pituitary related deficits do not clear with the application of glasses & are generally a type of bitemporal visual field defects (decreased vision out to both sides). Have these vision defects evaluated by your eye MD.

In brief: Likely not

Dr. Michael Kermani
Dr. Michael Kermani
Dr. Tinah Canda

In brief: Vision acuity

Blurry vision that is improved with the use of glasses suggest that your visual acuity is not 20/20, that is you need corrective lenses to see clearly.
It is unlikely from a pituitary gland tumor. However, a formal visual examination by a physician is recommended.

In brief: Vision acuity

Dr. Tinah Canda
Dr. Tinah Canda
Dr. Eric Weisman