How do I apply erythromycin into the eyes of my newborn?

Good technique. If you are unable to open the eyes to put in the drops or ointment, then an effective technique is to apply it to the inner (nasal) corner of the eye while the infant is on his/her back. Then just wait and eventually the eyes will open and the drop will flow into the eye itself.
Tug the skin. A thumb placed on the cheek bone near the eye can be used to pull the skin of the lower lid down while the other hand is used to apply the thin ribbon of medicine to the lower lid. As it falls back into place, the med spreads on its own.