Anyone have advice for getting off duragesic (fentanyl)?

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
In brief: Weaning off drugs.
Stopping the patch "cold turkey" is not something i would recommend for you.
The effects are distinctly unpleasant. I would suggest asking your provider to wean the dose of your medication slowly. If they won't do it i suggest getting a second opinion.

In brief: Weaning off drugs.
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management
In brief: Stopping Duragesic (fentanyl)
Either a slow taper or abrupt discontinuation with experiencing opiate withdrawal are the two basic methods.
Unless there is some reason to stop abruptly (i.e.Addiction) then a slow taper would probably be best. There are a number of ways of doing this and you should discuss these with your doctor. Switching to an oral medication for the taper might be easier.

In brief: Stopping Duragesic (fentanyl)
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson