Should I skip the dtap vaccine?

Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Skip dtap vaccine
Why would you like to do that.
I suppose this question is for a child.Dtap vaccine is very important vaccine and it protects the children againt three deadly diseases, tetanus, diptheria and whooping cough.It will be a very bad idea to skip this important vaccine.

In brief: Skip dtap vaccine
Why would you like to do that.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Why ?
If you would rather get these diseases just wait.
There were 40,000 cases of pertussis last year in the US (with 40 deaths), mostly on the west coast where all the vaccine haters seem to be, compared to 2500 total cases/yr in the 90's. If the pattern continues, you will have a chance to experience these diseases soon.As an adult, you can make your own decision.

In brief: Why ?