I had 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday under GA. I was told to brush my teeth after 24 hours and I have managed to rip a stitch. No bleeding but painful?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Notify Dentist

Pain is to be expected at this point.
I doubt the accidentally ripping of the suture made any difference. However, I would call the office, mention this occurrence and ask for specific instructions and when you need to be seen again, especially under the circumstances. Sutures are used for two purposes- to control bleeding and hold tissue in place until initial healing. May need to be re-sutured.

In brief: Notify Dentist

Pain is to be expected at this point.
Dr. Ronald Herring
Anesthesiology

In brief: Wisdom teeth

I would expect the pain given what you had done.
Ibuprofen, soft foods, follow your postop instructions. Call your oral surgeon's office to update them. (Actually, someone should be calling you!) If you get a lot of bleeding, Soak a regular standard tea bag, wrap in a piece of paper towel place over bleeding site and bite down. 20 minutes and bleeding should stop.

In brief: Wisdom teeth

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: No worry

Sutures are placed in the area of surgery to minimize post-operative bleeding and to help healing.
Sometimes they become dislodged; this is no cause for alarm. Just remove the suture from your mouth and discard it. Most sutures will dissolve on their own and do not require removal. If concerned call your surgeon for more information.

In brief: No worry

Dr. Eric Weisman