Does the antidepressant Lexapro (escitalopram) help GAD and major depression range change my remeron to something that will also help with aniexty?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Health Tap

I am sorry to balk at this repeated question.
It is severely inappropriate to get mental health treatment advice from a stranger on the internet. Even in my practice I will not treat mental health problems by email. Mental Health treatment must be done in person. Your question is only appropriate for you and your physician to answer. The physician who knows you and cares for you.

In brief: Health Tap

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
NOw. That out of the way. In general the answer to your question, given what I know about your medical and mental health history is that Lexapro is a very effective choice to treat GAD. It is gentle, safe, not addicting. And it is much better at treating anxiety than Clonazepam, which sedates and blunts anxiety but does not treat it.
Dr. Eric Weisman