Yesterday I got told I have asthma, and have been using a inhaler since! Although today when I eat and drink or burp my chest hurts every time, help?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Tell your provider

As you begin any new medical treatment, you'll be well advised in keep in close touch w/ the provider to provide feedback and tweak the medicine to get the best outcome.
It may be from the condition itself or a change may be needed. Work together to find answers. Ask about what to expect and good luck. Best!

In brief: Tell your provider

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Possibilities...

There is an association between asthma and GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
You may need treatment for GERD since GERD can cause bronchospasm. So, see your doctor so that the GERD can be treated, which leads to improved asthma control!

In brief: Possibilities...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Yes, the association to eating may be a good clue!
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology