Is it healthier to eat junk foods (eg. fried foods, potato chips, candy) occasionally or avoid them altogether?

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Agree w'

Dr Fairchild. Many of the junk foods however contain ingredients that are addictive (corn syrup).
For some people, when they eat a little they can't stop or they will eat more the next day and the cravings will continue. If once you take a little, you have trouble stopping or find that within a few days you are taking a little more, try to stay clear you may be addicted to something in the junk.

In brief: Agree w'

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Su Fairchild
Very good point! If you are going to eat junk, do read the ingredients and pick the lesser of the evils. High fructose corn syrup may be contaminated with mercury, so avoid it. Any Red or Blue numbered Lake coloring is aluminum, which is linked to Alzheimer's and now possibly also to breast cancer. Avoid anything made with hydrogenated oils.
Dr. Su Fairchild
Integrative Medicine

In brief: Ideals

This is more a question about "what can I get away with?" ;) Ideally, it is of course best to avoid them altogether. But I tell people "it is not so much what you eat once in a while but what you eat everyday" that matters more, unless you are celiac then even a bit of gluten once in a while is bad.
Just try to eat healthy most days. Http://drfairchild.blogspot.com/2012/12/cooking-oils.html

In brief: Ideals

Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Su Fairchild
Dr. Michael Finkelstein

In brief: Its healtier

to avoid them all if you can . other wise in moderation

In brief: Its healtier

Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Dr. Steven Seres