Using cosopt eye drop for glaucoma?

Glaucoma. Cosopt is a combination glaucoma drop that combines a beta-blocker and carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. It can lower the eye pressure quite well, but can cause eye irritation and may not be appropriate for all patients. As long as the eye pressure is low, there is no evidence of progressing vision loss, and you are tolerating the drop, it is perfectly appropriate to use it.
Useful. This is a combination product of two generally effective agents that lower eye pressure. It is now available in a generic form. Your ophthalmologist (you are seeing a real doctor - an md?) prescribed this to treat your glaucoma and hopefully it is having the desired effect.