Anything else used in lieu of colyte (polyethylene glycol) for a colonoscopy?

Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Several
I like MoviPrep as it is only 2 liters and very well tolerated by patients and with excellent visualization.
Suprep and osmo prep are other alternatives. Ask you endoscopist for options he/she is comfortable with.

In brief: Several
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
In brief: Another option
I have had many patients have good results with only 2 bottles of mag citrate.
The key is that they take the first bottle 2 nights before the exam, and the 2nd bottle at suppertime the night before the exam. They also have only clear liquids all day the day prior to the exam. And also take laxative pills at night & a suppository in the am. A long prep, but they avoid drinking a large volume.

In brief: Another option
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Donald Kim
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Many options
There are many preps available.
Options will vary with the endoscopist. It is best to discuss this with your doctor as he is the one who will advise you on the prep. A common option is a golytlely or CoLyte prep which involves consuming 4 liters of a peg solution. But options with MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) and 2 liters of fluid are available. There is also a prep with pills. Check with your doctor for options.

In brief: Many options
There are many preps available.
Dr. Donald Kim
Dr. Donald Kim
Dr. Vicken Poochikian