2 months ago I had two pieces of my rib removed on back. I am now feeling sharp, burning pains along side of my rib. Pinched nerve? What Can I do?

Dr. John Barbuto
Neurology

In brief: Why did you have it?

What was the reason for the surgery? Could you have impingement on an intercostal nerve? Yes.
If so, response depends on the background situation. If you don't have pain proneness and no other background pain syndromes then injection of an impinged intercostal nerve can be helpful. Was the background problem something that could be progressive? Do you need re-eval for that?

In brief: Why did you have it?

Dr. Milind Deogaonkar
Neurosurgery

In brief: Intercostal neuralgi

you seem to have intercostal neuralgia.
Intercostal blocks may help, neuropathic pain medication may work, if nothing works then peripheral nerve stimulator is an option

In brief: Intercostal neuralgi

you seem to have intercostal neuralgia.
Dr. Vikram Patel