Can an ear infection cause swollen neck lymph nodes?

Not directly. The swollen lymph nodes may be part of a viral infection and the otitis may have followed. I don't believe that the otitis itself caused swollen lymph nodes in the neck.
Absolutely. This is actually a very common reason for swelling of neck nodes along with sore throats. Depending on the extent of the infection, you could have either anterior (front) or posterior (back) nodes in the cervical region enlarge. This is actually a good response by your immune system. They wil go back to normal in 1-8 weeks after the infection has been cleared.