Is There anything over-the-counter That works like flonase?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology

In brief: Nasacort (triamcinolone)

I believe Nasacort (triamcinolone) was approved by the FDA for over the counter use within the last year.

In brief: Nasacort (triamcinolone)

Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Michael Gabor
Dr. Neil Kudler

In brief: Not exactly

Using saline spray or a Neti pot can provide relief of congestion and is often just as or even more effective than nasal steroids depending on the individual.

In brief: Not exactly

Dr. Neil Kudler
Dr. Neil Kudler
Dr. Louise Andrew
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Not really

FLonase is a steroid and these are not sold over the counter for safety reasons.
You could try saline drops but if the problem is allergic, you would be better off with a decongestant spray/drop or an oral antihistamine such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine).

In brief: Not really

Dr. Louise Andrew
Dr. Louise Andrew