Can my 45 lb 4 yr old take children's Mucinex (guaifenesin) cough and similasan kids cold and mucus relief together?

Dr. John Edwards

mucinex (guaifenesin) is guaifenisin and the similisan is homeopathic (no pharmacologic substances and the homoepathic substances are in tiny doses) no interactions

Dr. Neil Kudler

In brief: Why?

Mucinex (guaifenesin) is a standard expectorant (loosens mucus) and can relieve symptoms.
Similasan is a homeopathic agent. The biggest risk is not knowing if one or the other helps your son. Most people who believe in homeopathy would avoid standard medications. I personally do not believe that homeopathy offers any benefit.

In brief: Why?

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Not recommended

Until 6 yrs old

In brief: Not recommended

Until 6 yrs old
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology