I have a burning/stabbing pain in right shoulder blade that has been coming on more at night. Also I have a patch of skin there which has no feeling?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Spine Pain Options

This pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.

In brief: Spine Pain Options

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine