Doctor gave me 5mg of Ambien (zolpidem) to take as needed with my remeron 45 mg at night to fall asleep fast is it ok ? Also take clonazepam 3mg and inderal 80mg

Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: That is a lot

Of sedatives & not frequently used together..
.would clarify with prescriber

In brief: That is a lot

.would clarify with prescriber
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Hmmm

You probably won't overdose.
But consider the following: you are already tolerant and perhaps experiencing nighttime rebound from clonzepam. What will you do when the same occurs with the Ambien (zolpidem)?

In brief: Hmmm

You probably won't overdose.
Dr. Amanda Itzkoff

In brief: Ambien (zolpidem) ok?

U mentioned ambien (zolpidem) (zolpodem, a hypnotic) was rx'ed by your doc, so it does seem that the doc who knows you best believes this to be "ok".
If you have questions, always feel free to ring & clarify. Overtime, continued use of ambien (zolpidem) can cause tolerance, but that doesnt mean it isn't the best option for u now. habits like a regular bedtime, bed for sleep & sex only, am exercise can help too :)

In brief: Ambien (zolpidem) ok?

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
I think the take home here is to work with ur doc, or seek a second opinion perhaps, towards learning behavioral techniques to manage some of your symptoms. These techniques, once mastered, will be w u a lifetime, and may allow you to dispense with some habit forming meds. Transition to less habit forming meds is an intermediate step that could help, too :)
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Addiction

I speak frankly here on Heath tap.
It appears you are on the most dangerous scripts you can be on as an addict. Incompetent professionals can easily be manipulated into giving patients these dangerous medications. It is not in any way a safe or wise prescription to have you on three sedatives at once. I use the word addict because three sedatives at once is diagnostic. Please get clean.

In brief: Addiction

I speak frankly here on Heath tap.
Dr. Robert Killian
I believe in the healing that comes with getting glean. I do not believe the word addict is rude or judgmental. Taking so many pills together and being just 23 is setting you up for a lifetime of victim hood and being numbed up for this one time only deal. Anxiety can be overcome. It can be treated. One does not get better on the approach you are on.