2 back surgeries in ~1 month. Wondering if increased [email protected] from overdoing it could cause severe burning/cramping pain behind knee, in calf/ankle, & thigh? Have to lie down & hard to walk/sit.

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: This may be related

to anyone of several possible causes.
Sometimes, even though the nerve that may have had some compression on it does not immediately respond to surgery or if you had surgery especially 2 so close that just manipulation of nerve may cause inflammation . Also one has to make sure you did not develop a blood clot in leg post op. You should discuss this with your surgeon. Scar tissue can form now.

In brief: This may be related

to anyone of several possible causes.
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Orthopedic Surgery

Overdoing so soon after back surgery can cause nerve irritation which will result in symptoms the you descibed.
You have to take frequent break and lie down to get relief. Good Luck

Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Dr. Rajendra Tripathi
Dr. Robert Talac
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Lumbar pain

It seems like you have lumbar radiculopathy.
( pain caused by irritation of S1 nerve roots) . L5/S1 disc can definitely cause this. To better answer the question I would need more details. Shoot me an email at [email protected] Would be happy to help.

In brief: Lumbar pain

Dr. Robert Talac
Dr. Robert Talac
Dr. Vikram Patel