What exactly is a pediatric oncology service providing?

In brief: See below:

Treating cancer means more than just choosing the right therapy.
Cancer impacts the entire family. Support for patients reaches far beyond the halls of a hospital. A coordinated team approach allows access to the physician specialists, nursing staff, physician extenders, child life support, survivers/peer support, convienient accomodations for the stay before, during and after treatments.

In brief: See below:

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Craig MacArthur
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Quarterback for care

As a pediatric hematologist-oncologist, I am usually involved in diagnosing the cancer, in conjunction with a pediatric surgeon and a pathologist.
After the cancer is diagnosed, i determine the extent of the cancer in a process called staging. After diagnosis and staging, i meet with the family and recommend treatment. I coordinate care, prescribe chemotherapy, and monitor and treat side effects.

In brief: Quarterback for care

Dr. Craig MacArthur
Dr. Craig MacArthur