My boyfriend is undetectable with hiv. I am worried I can get it if his blood or semen gets on my open wound. Since he's undetectable what's the risk?

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Universal precaution

"Universal precautions" means you should always use precautions with anybody regarding body fluids and pen wound etc.
Assuming your BF was HIV+ and now it is not detectable, I would still use Universal precautions, wash hands often, avoid body fluid contacts. Since, assuming he was HIV +, the information is not 100% as to whether he is able to transmit any HIV to others, so always use precaution.

In brief: Universal precaution

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care