Should women be celibate for aids prevention?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: I hope not.

Although not the only means of getting HIV infection, sex is a major route, but there are a variety of protective mechanisms.
Many women i know have begun to carry their own condoms in order to be prepared if a new partner does not have any. Continued protection is essential until they are sure that their partner is free of disease and is monogamous. A difficult task.

In brief: I hope not.

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Phillip Frist
Celebacy and only one healthy partner are the wisest choices. Trusting condoms and the "wisdom and controll" to use them many times don't add up to 100% prevention.