In terms of aesthetics, what is the best type of crown for a tooth?

Dr. Stanley Siu
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: All porcelain
If your tooth is in need of a crown, then the best type of material to use for esthetics is all porcelain.
In the past, all porcelain crowns were primarily used in the anterior but now with high strength porcelain such as e.Max & zirconia, many dentists are placing them in the posterior as well. Your dentist will help you pick which crown is best for your particular mouth & your desired goals.

In brief: All porcelain
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Stanley Siu
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Color match
I really tnink the dental colleagues shold address this, but in terms of aesthetics a crown looks better when not metal.
The metal reflects light even when posterior. The off white crlwns look.Better than the very white as well since the latter look like dentures. A good dentist will spend time you the patient for colour match.

In brief: Color match
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark
Dr. Sharon Ann Clark