Why should I have to take my teen to pediatric waiting room if there are adolescent medicine doctors?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela

In brief: Pediatricians.

Pediatricians are very comfortable seeing adolescent and teen patients.
During their 7 years of combined medical school and specialty training, they have spent literally ten's of thousands of hours taking care of newborns, toddlers, pre-adolescents and teens.

In brief: Pediatricians.

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Ryan Nishihara
Adolescent Medicine Physicians are far and few. I was the last fellowship trained specialist at UCLA. Pediatricians do receive a good amount of time seeing and helping adolescent patients and should provide comprehensive care for your teen. However, if you desire, most Pediatric training hospitals should have an Adolescent Medicine Specialist.

In brief: Continuity

A pediatrician is trained to address the pt from birth to 18 or so.
When they can develop a trusting relationship with one doc and see him/her until they graduate, it helps increase accuracy of evaluations and treatment. When the kid doesn't care where s/he goes or asks to move on, they need to as should you.If you are not happy with the situation move, you miss the chance to do better.

In brief: Continuity

Dr. Jonathan Jassey