Does niacin therapy work for meniere's disease?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Meniere's therapy

There is no cure for meniere's.
Niacin is not a therapy used to control meniere's symptoms. Medications used in the treatment of meniere's include meclizine/antivert or diazepam/valium to manage symptoms of vertigo, nausea and vomiting, Promethazine for control nausea and vomiting as well as diuretic, specifically Dyazide or maxzide (hydrocholorthiazide and triamterene) which are a combination of triamterene and hydrochlorothiazide.

In brief: Meniere's therapy

There is no cure for meniere's.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. John Li
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Sometimes....

Actually, there are some who try niacin, lipoflavanoid vitamins and gingko biloba.
.. As well as other homeopathic meds. Although I do not routinely recommend, I have patients who swear by some of these compounds. (~ <8% effective) although there is no absolute "cure" for meniere's, the disease can be controlled to a point at which it does not bother the patient by meds or surgery.

In brief: Sometimes....

Dr. John Li
Dr. John Li