Sudden pain in ball of foot?

Many possibilities. Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam will heal determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy). Have it evaluated by a professional.
Need more details. To receive an answer that will be more helpful for you , you need to give more information...Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns.You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better.Also tells us what it looks like..Is it discolored, swollen or point tender.The more you tell the better the answer.
Several things. Without more info tough to tell, could be a fracture or stress fracture, couldbe a neuroma, could be capsulitis.
Open sesagouch. It would be interesting to see if the sudden pain was associated with any other symptoms. Among the possibilities are redness, swelling or heat. There are a host of possibilities but my money is on either gout or sesamoiditis. To remove all doubt, a thorough history and evaluation are indicated.