Is Indapamide associated with ED? How about HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide)?

In brief: Erectile Dysfunction

Side effects of HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) may include decreased libido & sexual dysfunction.
Per Drugs.Com – 88% of patients report no change of libido and 12% report improved libido with use of Indapamide (Lozol). Sexual dysfunction was not listed as a side effect of Indapamide

In brief: Erectile Dysfunction

Dr. Lance Berger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Possible

Almost all blood pressures medications have been associated with ED, although it is less common with diuretics like indapamide and HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide).
My over-riding concern with men who complain of ED is that ED is associated with coronary heart disease, or increased risk of heart attack. I recommend a stress test when men complain of ED, in addition to strict control of blood pressure and lipids/cholesterol.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Lance Berger
Dr. Lance Berger
Dr. Arnon Rubin