Why do dentists/orthodontists change glove types over the course of a treatment?

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Hygiene
gloves are changed to protect you from contamination of other patients and the doctor/assistant.

In brief: Hygiene
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: ?
I'm not a dentist but I do surgical procedures and usually change gloves for two reasons: 1) i've punctured it or think i have; 2) i've contaminated it and need a new sterile one.

In brief: ?
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics
In brief: Sterility
Gloves are changed to maintain the chain of sterility.
If something possibly non-sterile is touched, such as a light switch on the wall, or a drawer-pull, gloves will be changed. If glove is punctured and no longer acts as a barrier, gloves will be changed. If messy materials, such as impression material, coats gloves, they will be changed. Glove change is done for safety and comfort.

In brief: Sterility
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry
In brief: Steralization Chain
Dentist and orthodotist will change gloves instead of re scrubbing when they feel the chain of steralization is broken.
Perhaps from touching a non sterile surface like a light swiitch or a dropped instrument.

In brief: Steralization Chain
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Keegan Duchicela