Why doesn't icd (intercondylar distance) have nothing to do with teeth occlusal morphology?

Dr. Scott Williams
Dentistry

In brief: Developmental issue

I suppose that the intercondylar distance development is connected with the rest of the cranial development while other factors influence the occlusal morphology.
Later in life the two become related as the jaw functions and teeth wear etc.

In brief: Developmental issue

Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dentistry

In brief: Because

Intercondylar distance is the measurement between the condyles of the mandible which are the little ball joints that fit up into the fossa at the bottom of the skull .
The morphology of teeth has to do with the shape and bulges and angles of the teeth . These two are not necessarily related.

In brief: Because

Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dr. Dennis Kelley
Dr. Jonathan Jassey