My echo showed a mild to no more than moderate regurgitation on my aortic valve. What other tests should be done and should I get a 2nd opinion?

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: What other

Tests or if you need a second opinion depend on what your symptoms are and what the docs are looking for. I can see you have had a previous MI and have stents and it sounds like your heart pumps normally but I don't know your question or current problem. I don't even know your meds.
Sorry

In brief: What other

Sorry
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz

In brief: No

This is not an uncommon finding on an echocardiogram and does not require further testing.
Aortic regurgitation needs close follow up (repeat echocardiogram) in the future. Generally, it only becomes a problem if you have symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath on exertion or severe leg swelling. See your doctor for followup.

In brief: No

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine