66yr/ m congestive heart failure, stroke, pulmonary embolism, then 2nd massive hemorrhagic stroke, surgery to repair, fell into coma. prognosis?

Dr. Andrea Brand

In brief: Guarded

I am sorry for this situation.
No one can say for sure what will happen, but from your description, I think the prognosis would be guarded.

In brief: Guarded

I am sorry for this situation.
Dr. Andrea Brand
Dr. Andrea Brand
Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Not great

Depending on the patient's health prior to these events, recovery will be slow at best.
All the things you mentioned are major medical problems and to have all of them at once is very taxing for the body.

In brief: Not great

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Difficult to say

Hi Ann, It all depends on how big the stroke was and the success of the surgery.
I am assuming the surgery was performed to release pressure on his brain. Each day that he does not respond after the pressure was released, the prognosis worsens. I wish I could tell you otherwise but given his other illnesses the longer he remains in a coma the chances of his recovery decrease.

In brief: Difficult to say

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care