Can late ovulation cause late period?

Yes. The time from ovulation to the next period is usually 12-14 days. This is the most reliable part of the cycle. The time before ovulation can be shorter or longer causing the variability in length of cycle.
Yes. Reasons for missed /late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight gain or loss, over-exercise such as in endurance athletes, breast-feeding, stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, medications (i.e., birth control) or med problem (polycystic ovary syndrome or Asherman’s syndrome. #1 reason is pregnancy.