When I spit in the morning I see blood in mucus , less amount of blood every day ? There is no cough and and pain. I had a chest X-Ray it was normal

Dr. Anne Eglash

In brief: Maybe from the nose

Mucous that is coughed up in the morning might not be from the chest.
It could be from the sinuses, and dripping down into the throat. If the air is dry, or you are using nasal steroids, or have significant nasal congestion, the mucous from the nose and sinuses can be bloody. If you know the mucous is coming from your chest, then I suggest a chest CT, which will give more info than a chest xray.

In brief: Maybe from the nose

Dr. Anne Eglash
Dr. Anne Eglash
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology