My sister has Atopic Dermititis. Her skin is scarred all over. What are some things to have in mind to help stop the itch? Can Pueraria Mirifica help?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: SEE A DERMATOLOGIST!

Soak in a shower or bath.
Avoid caustic soaps (Ivory). Avoid antibacterial soaps. Immediately after using your towel, rub in a cream for dry skin. I favor those with ceramides such as Eucerin Eczema Care cream. Get a prescription cortisone. Triamcinolone cream .1% comes in a 1# jar. For the eyelids use tacrolimus ointment .1% Forget the herb from the jungle in SE Asia. It is a waste of money.

In brief: SEE A DERMATOLOGIST!

Soak in a shower or bath.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Moisturizer

The basic problem with atopic dermatitis is a defective skin surface making it unable to keep moisture in and more easily penetrated by bacteria and allergen.
It is important to apply a good moisturizer

In brief: Moisturizer

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Adam Levy