Surprising or interesting health statistics/facts?

Dr. Thomas Heston

In brief: Lifestyle

Given all that we know about the health benefits of exercise and a healthy diet, it is surprising that only a small percentage of people get the recommended amount of exercise daily, and that few medical treatments include dietary and exercise advice.

In brief: Lifestyle

Dr. Thomas Heston
Dr. Thomas Heston
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably many

To me there are two very interesting facts.
1. Despite the highest outlay of any country, the usa ranks about 40th on average in most health parameters around the world 2. Despite religious underpinnings, the so called "red states" have higher percentages of health problems like obesity, alcoholism, etc.

In brief: Probably many

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger