Why is my head sensitive to the touch when I have an ear infection?

Inflammation to head. Outer ear infections (in the ear canal). Outer ear infections present with ear pain (inner/outer), discharge, fullness. If it is an outer ear infection, the inflammation may spread to the local tissues near the ear on the head. This may be why it is sensitive in that area. If this is not the case, you should make sure that nothing further is ongoing.
Ear Infection/ Head. An ear infection can lead to sensitivity of the head and face to touch, due to inflammation of the nerves that provide sensation to these areas.