I slipped and did the splits, my right leg straight in front and left leg straight back. It was a full split. L hip painful throughout to sit and walk?

Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: You probably

Pulled some muscles, especially at 45unless you are a gymnist! You will probably benefit from physical therapy so a call to your doc for an order would be needed in most cases.
In the meantime use an antinflammatory like Ibuprofen 800mg 3 times a day with food to see if it gets better. You might end up needing an orthopedic evaluation . Hope it feels better . That was quite a slip!

In brief: You probably

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Jack Hinkle