Do people with asperger's or autism do hand flapping?

Sometimes. This movement can be common, can be present all the time or can only be there a little bit, or sometimes not at all. Each individual with autism is an individual. If it is present, I consider it significant. If it is absent it doesn't mean autism is not present.
Sometimes. Hand flapping is a common but not universal behavior in individuals in the autism spectrum disorder. It sometimes is called "self-stimming (short for stimulation), but that probably is not why the individuals do it. It is not, per se, harmful, but it can be so time-consuming that nothing else gets done; also it makes them stand out among their peers, which parents find disturbing.
Asperger's. Yes. They can but not all. Clay marzo does something similar to hand flapping. It's a way to express excitement but can also be a self-soothing strategy. Here is an overview. Http://www. Youtube. Com/watch? V=xg1ngp1ngds.