My tongue is white with red spots towards the back of my throat. It itches a bit. I have also had a cold for a week and feel very run down.

Dr. Matt Wachsman

In brief: Could be

a few things. Without an actual examination, I cannot give specific medical advice on your particular health, And.
.. there are large taste buds at the back of the throat. Phlegm going down the back of the throat, yeast, food/cold medicines/many other things in the mouth coat the tongue white except for those taste buds. This would Not be serious, or even abnormal. or infections allergies....etc.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Dr. Arnon Rubin